There is so much good and helpful advice for worship leaders out there that I thought I’d try my hand at condensing it all down into 10 non-negotiables.
- You are not the center.
- You make Jesus the center.
- Your priority is helping the congregation sing with faith.
- You support your pastor.
- You choose songs that are full of truth.
- You use musicians who are gifted and have soft hearts toward Jesus.
- You tailor the keys and arrangements of songs to serve the people in the room.
- Your family comes first.
- You’re never alone with someone of the opposite sex who isn’t your spouse.
- You won’t ever compromise numbers 1-9.
May we be worship leaders who, at our core, love Jesus, love our congregations, and love our families.