There is so much good and helpful advice for worship leaders out there that I thought I’d try my hand at condensing it all down into 10 non-negotiables.
- You are not the center.
- You make Jesus the center.
- Your priority is helping the congregation sing with faith.
- You support your pastor.
- You choose songs that are full of truth.
- You use musicians who are gifted and have soft hearts toward Jesus.
- You tailor the keys and arrangements of songs to serve the people in the room.
- Your family comes first.
- You’re never alone with someone of the opposite sex who isn’t your spouse.
- You won’t ever compromise numbers 1-9.
May we be worship leaders who, at our core, love Jesus, love our congregations, and love our families.
3 thoughts on “Ten Worship Leading Non-Negotiables”
Some terrific reminders. Number 2 is central to everything! (Col 3:17). Like the one ‘helping the congregation sing with faith’ – this can be done by the words we say, and also the example we set as we lead. Good stuff, thanks!
Sing your theology. Chose songs (hymns, spiritual songs) with themes that reflect themes in the sermon. Plan the service around one thing you want the congregation to know & one thing you want them to do. Pastor is the worship leader. Pastors work together with music director.